Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pre-drywall meeting complete.

   Had the pre-drywall meeting today and I signed off. All of my requests were honored and in some cases exceeded.
  1. Fire-access panels in Bonus Room Alcove:  Approved to be drywalled. Panel opening will be in the garage ceiling. Very pleased!!!!
  2. Bonus Room 10ft closet:  Ryan won't install a light in a non-walkin closet. So I had them put an AC outlet on the ceiling of the closet. Additionally they put a switch between the 2 doors of the closet so the light can be switched. I was originally planning on a pull string light. Happy!
  3. Attic pull down steps: BIG tweak which I've mentioned before. The attic door is in the laundry room instead of the bedroom. It's nicely lined up with the attic storage platform. Still plenty of room for the laundry room ceiling light.
  4. Laundry tubs in both the garage and laundry room are nicely positioned based on the rough-ins.
  5. Extra outlets in Master walk-in closet, and the garage. I had the garage one placed in the most likely position of my work bench.
  6. I like that the upstairs thermostat is in the master bedroom.
  7. I had a dedicated outlet installed in bonus room for my treadmill. Overkill, yeah probably but the treadmill is a beast, commercial grade and I feel better with it on its own breaker.
  8. Ceiling fans rough-ins in every single bedroom, morning room, bonus room, dining room, great room. Did I say dining room? Yes. We plan to make that a den because the morning room will serve as the dining area. I love ceiling fans so ate the pricey cost of the rough-ins. We will still have the light fixtures installed in morning room and dining room, swap them out later.
  9. Confirmed TWO coach lights on garage. The sideload garage only comes with one! Silly!
  10. Confirmed driveway concrete expansion. Adding 300 sq ft. to driveway to back of house. Also a walkway will link the driveway to the base of the morning room steps.
  11. We discussed my inspection report and am being assured the issues will be addressed. 

15 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going well. I was a little worried after your last post. I can't believe the side load garage only comes with one light. You're lucky you got the driveway expansion. We were not so lucky in that respect. We'll have to have someone come out after we close. Score on the access panels and the switched outlet in the bonus room closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, do you know what tonnage your A/C is on your Verona? If you don't know how to tell, you can look at the label on the outside unit. The middle digits of the model # will be something like 048. you divice by 12 to get tons. so 4 tons. 042 is 3.5 tons. I am getting 3.5 tons and I'm a little worried. The model had a 4 ton unit. I like my house pretty cold. In NC, it gets very hot and humid.

      Delete
    2. I will check on Friday. I don't see any reference to the tonnage in our paperwork.

      Delete
    3. I checked today and it is 4 tons. We also have almost a fully finished basement, so I don't know if that is a factor or not. Anyway, hope that helps.

      Delete
    4. Okay, well if that is conditioned space, that makes a difference then for the extra half-ton...I'm still skeptical though on my 3.5. Thanks for checking!

      Delete
  2. #9 - All garages only come with one coach light. It's crazy and looks totally unbalanced! A second coach light should be standard, but so should a lot of other things I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the pre-con meeting, my SR and PM said they do 2 on the front load garages, but if you want a second one on the side load garage, you gotta fork over an upgrade fee. If you drive through the subdivision you can see the side load houses that probalby didnt know they were getting just one, but all the front loads have two. I guess this falls under the issue of varies by region.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding coach lights to my growing list of things to check on. Great info. Glad it all went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chatted with mgmt today. I did learn, that at least for my region, they don't allow direct phone calls to the PM. I have to go thru email or call the main office who will relay the msg. I am not thrilled about this, but I will deal with it. At least so far, everything I wanted has been done. But...stil I'm envious of those of you have a direct line of communication to your PMs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely good thinking and a score with the outlet for a light in the closet and switch to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shot an 18 minute pre-drywall tour narrated by me today with an old RCA small wonder video cam. I need to borrow my neighbor's XP computer since Win7 won't recognize it. Thomas you are mentioned in it, so now you'll have to watch it! Probably be sometime tomorrow for that to be on the blog. It's super boring probably unless you are building a house, or just a geek, like me.

      Delete
    2. Ha, I will watch it for sure!

      Delete