Friday, May 4, 2012

HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical, in progress.

HVAC Closet no longer empty. It's a Comfortmaker if
anyone is wondering.

What can I say, it's a bathtub. I do appreciate the tub wrap being there.

Structured wiring panel.

The Noritz tankless water heater.

Recessed kitchen lights

A/C register

Another view of the structured wiring panel. 

Roofers were almost done. Tamko Heritage 30 year architectural shingles
another upgrade but still more value than cable jacks ;)
Here's a tweak I mentioned earlier. The attic pull down steps in the
laundry room instead of bedroom. Still plenty of room for the light.

Power and cable for master bedroom wall mount HDTV.


This was a tweak. Power outlet on the ceiling of the bonus
room closet so I can add a pull chain light. 

Laundry Room plumbing. I am told this tubing is called PEX.

7 comments:

  1. Our architectural shingles were included, but we didn't know that until our pre-con meeting. That was a nice surprise. I like the idea for the bonus room closet. We figure we'll just add push lights if we need it. We don't have stairs to the attic, but if we did, I would definitely prefer them in the laundry room. I didn't know (and didn't think to ask) about attic access prior to construction.
    I'm sure this is a stupid question, but where is the HVAC closet? Is that on the second floor in between bedrooms 2 and 3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to pay $1,000 to upgrade to architectural shingles :(

      Delete
    2. Rachel I am assuming you don't have the utility closet between bedrooms 2 and 3, or is yours just a closet? My inspector was disappointed that the HVAC equipment is in that closet, he said it's going to be noisy. He suggested asking if they can put some sound proofing between the bedrooms and the utility closet but I don't see that happening. I sent a note asking anyway.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the HVAC closet is between bedrooms 2 and 3. I did the bonus room light cause at my current house I have a large upstairs closet that is dark. Originally the attic access was in bedroom 4 which could limit furniture arrangement. I Got the attic storage option, looks like a good bit of room to hide some stuff up there. They actually have re-enforced joists under the attic storage flooring. And now I'm not gonna lose sleep cause I didn't know I needed ask about the tub panel. Maybe that shutoff is code in your area? The model definitely doesn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on the electrical outlet in the closet. You could get all fancy with some rope lights in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, this is one of your last chances to tweak things. Take full advantage, we got so much done at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with the choices. There's one or two electrical outlets I need to discuss but other than that I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete