Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Overdue Updates.

     I received a comment today that my blog hasn't updated in a couple days, well I am back! Nothing super exciting to report but here's the latest. The walls are looking excellent, they've been primed. I hate that the wires all get painted in the walls, but I know that's just how it is. The Maple Cognac cabinetry is stacked in the kitchen so I assume installation is imminent. The tile surround in the master bath is done, I'm not too pleased with the tile work. There will be several punch items here. Seems like the tile guy had some issues with corners. There was a pleasant surprise today though! The PM came through for me and got a dead tree yanked from the wooded area, it was quite an eye sore!  As an added bonus the clearing it created just screams "Put shed here."
Tile work in second bathroom upstairs. Looks good, no blue tape needed here.


Stack of Cabinets, soon to be packed with stuff!
Ah, there's the money I left at RiteRug :)
Shower Bench seat. 
Not too pleased about this corner piece. Where's the blue tape!
Seriously?
  
Another piece of blue tape please.
Apparently something was repaired here. I know because it says "Fixed Repaired" on the wall :)

Jenn says the corner of the carton was loose so she had to pull open the flap to grab a sneak peek of the Maple Cognac Cabinets.
Here's me admiring the lack of a dead tree! Thanks to the PM! 
Looking at the window at the now clear area which looks like a good niche for a shed.
The ladder isn't installed yet, but I know Thomas is anxious to see it!
Can't wait for the stone work and the porch columns. 


11 comments:

  1. You said you hate that all the wires get painted on the walls. What wires are you referring to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't cover the outlets or switches when they spray the paint on all the walls so all the wires are get painted white. It was that way in my current home too. I guess the electricians know what's what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, RiteRug has some of my $$ too. Glad to see some posts from you again!

    I like the picture of the tile with the spacer still in it, that is classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we dropped a bit of money at Rite Rug too :) We also had to peek in the cartons to see the cabinets...It's not my fault that the plastic banding around the carton was loose enough to wiggle free!

    *Handing you a roll of blue tape because your shower definitely needs it! Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting on the "Autumn" issue, I hope you'll still check in after closing so you can see the conclusion!

      Delete
  5. That tile work is just bad planning and an easy fix, welcome to the Maple Cognac family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that master bath accent tile. We don't use Rite Rug in Western Pa., but our flooring/tile place (Rusmer) was definitely our biggest budget buster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woowho-we are Maple Cognac, too, so I can't wait to see your kitchen! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting! Master bath looks awesome love the color choice. I picked the same for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel you with the Rite Rug - it added quite a chunk of change to the price of our home. But we are happy with our choices. The only thing I wish I had done differently is the upstairs carpeting. It's not bad or anything, I just fell in love with the carpeting I chose for the basement and wish I had it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be more excited if the tile work were done better and I am hoping they agree it needs to be re-worked. It scares me even more that potentially the person that did it may be the same one who does the tile floors in the bathrooms. He definitely cut class the day they taught how to do corners.

      Delete