Thursday, April 26, 2012

A roof , a view, Stu and a "Moo"

It really is amazing how much these guys get done in less than 24 hours. Since yesterday the second story is up, morning room walls are up and there's a roof! Looks like they sealed up the fireplace cutout too. I haven't been able to look inside yet because there are many workers We didn't want to get in the way. I see the windows and front door were delivered too. 



A view of the porch, the distinguishing feature of elevation C.
There's the opening where the sliding door will go.
 There will be a wood deck outside the morning room. I also am having them pour a walkway
that will link the landing of the deck steps to the driveway. I also added additional concrete to the driveway. 


A couple of windows are hidden by the Tyvec. The fireplace cutout that didn't belong
is filled in. I'm anxious to get a look at that on the inside.

Lots going on so we couldn't go in and browse. 

There's the front door. Looks like the one others are getting as well. 


As does most of the street, my lot has about 25-30 feet in depth of woods
 behind the house that backs up to farmland. The builder doesn't touch the woods but
the PM said it was OK if I haul some debris out. Lots of dead limbs and brush. So here I am
hauling a dead tree. I have many fire-ant bites :(

Here you can see a view of the woods I'm talking about. The nice thing is even if
 the farmland behind the woods ever gets sold I still have a buffer zone
with the trees on my property.

My neighbors. This is directly behind the house. My property line ends
 at the barbed wire fence surrounding the cows. Lots of mooing going on.
I think they're saying, "Nice Verona!"





9 comments:

  1. You're doing lawn work already? Wow...such motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed-stop making the rest of us look bad! LOL kidding. Great job-those trees can be a lot of work, but a little at a time is the way to do it.

      Delete
  2. That is a nice place to be with the trees behind you and animals roaming around. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I mentioned this before...but the fire ants has me visibly shuddering due to the allergy! LOL But WOW-your house build is going so fast! I know everyone says it, but I have yet to experience it. I hope the fireplace hole is done to your satisfaction. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! What a great lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm awestruck by the design of the house, Stuart. I can imagine how beautiful this house would turn out once it's fully done. Well, roofing can be finished in less than 24 hours depending on how skillful your contractors are and the type of roof you are planning to install. Judging by the pictures, that's a wooden roof.

    ReplyDelete